Saturday, September 18, 2010

A delight for the hunter - The heart of marinated venison

Another season of deer hunting is over and presented me with the hearts of some deer. The heart is no different from any other place, and the meat can be cooked in different ways. One possibility is to cut into thin slices and fry for sandwiches. I also filled my heart and cooked for a main course. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy country, salad and bread for a satisfying experience. The hunters here seems to lean gently in brine. That's another thingcan not be found in a supermarket.

Today I started pickle hearts. Several times I have as well and cut into slices 1/2-inch slices washed. Are in a gallon jar and sprinkle each layer with salt preserved. I put the jar in the refrigerator and let sit for about 8 hours. Then I rinse off the vessel and to obtain clean water. Then put them in a pot with water until they are fork tender, usually 30-45 minutes to cookSimmer.

Meanwhile, I'm an acid solution of 2 gallons of vinegar, 1 small red pepper, 2 tablespoons horseradish, 1 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon peppercorns and 1 bay leaf. I bring this solution to a boil. If the heart is tender slices fork to discard the water that I cooked pack pour heart slices with glasses, the boiling vinegar solution over them, so they are covered. Then I put the lid and vascular process in a pressure cooker10-30 pounds per minute.

If only a few heart to heart I cook the slices of 10 minutes per pack in the solution of vinegar and pour into a large pot, heat the vinegar on glass and put it in the fridge once cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment